Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Kai-Tea: A Dreamless Sleep

After Harry sees Voldemort return in Goblet of Fire, Dumbledore suggests to Madam Pomfrey that Harry take a potion that will put him into a dreamless sleep. The potion is described as being purple and this tea will get the hint of purple from the lavender in it. 

Ingredients: For this tea you will need chamomile, lavender, and peppermint. To sweeten it I like to use honey but you can use whatever sweetener you like.

Directions: 

Chamomile Tea

First add a larger base of the chamomile to the infuser.*Chamomile is often used as a calming agent because of its wonderfully relaxing smell*



Than add a pinch of lavender. *Lavender is another herb that is used a lot for relaxation. It can be found in almost every product labeled for sleep and relaxation.*


Peppermint tea

Finish it off with a small pinch of peppermint. Let it steep for 3-5 minutes than add a bit of honey to finish it off. *Peppermint is a calming sent to me but feel free to leave it out if you would like.*

You can always change the proportions depending on personal preference and you can leave out ones you don't like.**My general rule for recipe modifications is that I follow it exactly the first time I make it, than I will make changes from there.

I AM NOT A  DOCTOR and you should always make sure you do not have an allergy to any of the ingredients before using them!! If you want to see a very detailed list of all the uses for these herbs, search them on WebMD!


If you make this tea let me know how it goes! If you have any questions for me about it, you can ask in the comments below.
 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54492_98_3D9F51BA67455FDF28C88F1C2494DF80_zps62a6992c.png

2 comments:

  1. I drink chamomile tea all the time when I'm feeling stressed or need help to get to sleep at night. I prefer sweetening it with milk and honey, which gives it a more comforting flavor. I would love to try making my own tea. Where did you get your infuser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this particular infuser at Natural Grocers. You can also find infusers at most major food stores. I love the suggestion of using milk and honey with the chamomile. It sounds delicious and is going straight on my must try list.

      Delete