Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Amazing Sister and A Crafting Adventure:




Recently I was sitting in my car, listening to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire when I heard the book mention that Ron wore a pair of maroon paisley pajamas. This detail screamed to be reproduced. The next day I took time that should have been devoted to homework and re allocated it to a trip to Hobby Lobby. When I got there the cutest fabric for my girly rendition of Ron's sleep wear fashion was on sale. The crafting gods were smiling down on me, this was meant to be. Or so I thought. After I realized that I had no access to a sewing machine on campus I drove an hour to use a sewing machine only to find out the needle was broken, had two failed attempts at making shorts, and broke the shirt I made, it was clear that I had mistaken a smirk for a smile. It was not meant to be.

I saved the fabric from my mess ups because it was too cute to throw away and out of hope that it could find new life in a different project. Sure enough my visit home over spring break brought that different project. My sister was browsing tumbler, as always, when she came across a tutorial for a corset-like coffee cup sleeve which she decided to try. While she was making some for her female friends in theater I asked her if she would be willing to make me one and she kindly said yes. She asked me what fabric I wanted and with an unintelligible and excited reply I ran upstairs and dug out the beautiful fabric I had brought with me just in case.

She did an amazing job making the sleeves for all of us!


Whenever my sister and I get together we have a ton of fun, even when we are just doing crafts. She is way funnier than I will ever be and she is just awesome. Here are some of my favorite quotes from the night.



"Don't take a picture of me trimming it! Than everyone will know that I dun goofed"

"Where did the hole go?"

"Where am I pulling things out of?" was exclaimed in the middle of her flipping the holder right side out. 




"Dang it, I forgot to cut corners"
"Isn't it a saying that you SHOULDN'T cut corners?"
"Well you definitely should."

"It is way too late, gurl"



"You can mention that I'm really bad at doing invisible seams. That's why I'm dong top stitching..."
"Top stitch?"
"That’s where you uh... stitch... on the top"


 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54492_98_3D9F51BA67455FDF28C88F1C2494DF80_zps62a6992c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment