Friday, February 14, 2014

J.K. Rowling's Relationship Regret (part 1): A Bomb that Shook Up the Harry Potter Fandom and Got Millions Talking




Considering that it is Valentine’s Day and all, I thought that I would offer up mt two cents about the news about the big, hot topic romance regret that recently shook up many of us in the Harry Potter fandom. About a week ago J.K. Rowling came out with a statement in which she said that she regretted matching up Ron and Hermione. What was almost more shocking to hear was that she would have rather put her with Harry and killed off Ron… what?!?! That was my first reaction anyway. Soon after, however, the fangirl in me calmed down and the English Major in me took over. Almost immediately a few questions arose, the first being: what would have changed in the books if that had been the case? The next question being, what significance would Ron’s death have had on the novel and character development? Another one was, what would Harry and Hermione’s relationship possess that her and Ron’s did not in order to make Joe think this? My final question asked, with this new arrangement, who would everyone end up with and what would happen to their post-war relationships with each other?

I just wanted to pose these questions for now and get you thinking about what love means among these characters and what love means to you. Celebrate all forms of love today and come back later for my answers to these questions which I will post in parts.

Let me know in the comments below what your initial thoughts about this news was, and what aspect of the topic you want me to talk about in part two and beyond!




No comments:

Post a Comment